The rate of technological development in our society is enormous. Our branch of industry is also being affected by rapid changes. New materials, new technology and new designs have given us very efficient and advanced garments for practically all areas of use.
Have a look at our advanced technologies
The new technology and materials create a number of new technical expressions and brand names, which have made the market difficult to navigate for all those involved. In order to sort out some concepts and describe how Peak Performance uses and relates to new technology and materials, we have put together this information for our associates and customers.
ALLIED FEATHER & DOWN®
Started in 1987, with a 12,000 square foot facility in Vernon, California, Allied remains family-owned and operated. Our approach to innovation - from sourcing and traceability to technology - has allowed Allied® to become the worlds largest supplier of down to the outdoor and apparel industries. Allied® insulation can be found in many of the finest brands and technical apparel, and our finished bedding is sold in major retail outlets and used in hotels worldwide.
With US facilities on both West and East coasts, along with two factories in China, Allied; is at the very heart of feather and down production allowing us to bring to market the highest quality responsibly-sourced down at the very best price. From inception, Allied; has always led the industry in advanced down and down processing technologies. Allied; continues to anticipate the markets needs and concerns in order to improve manufacturing techniques, create new technologies and build and maintain a robust traceability system that allows both the manufacturer and the end user to track their down from garment to source. We are constantly looking ahead in order to offer the most innovative, socially responsible and technologically advanced down to the outdoor, apparel, and bedding industries.
The Boa® Fit System
Optimises your gear’s functionality and fit, setting you up for any challenge. Get a perfect fit with the simple turn of a dial, free of the stretch, weight, and hassles of old-fashioned closures. The Boa® Fit System delivers a connected, fast, customised and durable fit, purpose-built for performance. Boa’s patented system consists of three integral parts: a micro-adjustable dial, a super-strong lightweight lace, and low friction lace guides and is backed by the Boa Guarantee.
With over 25 million Boa®-powered products worldwide, the award-winning, patented Boa® Fit System is reinventing how shoes, medical braces, equipment, and nearly everything else performs.
FEATURES & BENEFITS:
- Perfect fit: Boa® provides custom comfort with smooth, even closure and no pressure points.
- Precision adjustment – 1 click = 1 mm: the Boa® Fit System can be adjusted quickly and precisely with only one hand.
- Quick & easy: Once adjusted, your fit stays the same.
- Safe: Once adjusted, your fit stays the same.
- Durable:Made from aircraft-grade stainless steel, durable Boa® laces can handle even the highest tension.
- Dirt-repellant: The Boa® Fit System is dirt-repellant and easy to clean.
- phone: +43 6232 93080 200
- email: [email protected]
- web: https://www.boafit.com/support
For more information please visit www.boafit.com
How to reduce climate impact, effort and money caring for fashion the clever way.
RECOMMENDATIONS AND TIPS:
- Washing - Don’t wash your clothes too often. Remove stains manually, and air the clothes to freshen up after each use. Several studies indicate that garments are often washed more frequently than necessary. By reducing the number of times you wash your garments you can actively help to reduce your carbon footprint.
- Temperature - Lower the temperature when machine washing. Dropping 60°C to 30°C, or warm to cold, saves a lot of half the energy EV: Wash care labels indicate the highest temperature allowed without compromising a garment’s quality. However, most detergents and modern washing machines clean your laundry just as well in lower temperatures.
- Drying - Natural drying is energy free. By hang drying your laundry you save energy, and your clothes will stay in shape and even last longer too.
- Ironing - Think of ironing only when necessary. Save energy as well as the effort! Remove clothes from the washing machine and hang dry them as soon as the wash cycle has finished minimizing creasing. Think to take your (hang) dried laundry with you into the bathroom while showering – often the steam smooth out creases and folds.
- Dry cleaning - Look for dry cleaners who offer a “greener” option to traditional dry cleaning methods. Professional cleaning whenever it is recommended is often essential. There are different dry cleaning solvents on the market.
Drydye ® Technology is a revolutionary waterless dyeing process which saves 25 liters of fresh water per yard. This clean technology uses pure dyestuff and no chemical additives that dilute performance.
The Drydye™ process gives excellent results as far as dye levelness and shade repeatability. An independent life cycle assessment confirmed that Drydye ™ technology significantly reduce the carbon footprint of polyester fabric and produces no toxic discharge in the dyeing process.
Carbon Dioxide is considered the best supercritical fluid as it is naturally occurring, chemically inert, and it does not release volatile organic compounds. Traditional dyeing of polyester uses approximately 50 to 100 liters of water per kilo of fabric in pretreatment, dyeing, and post treatment (drying).
HOW DRYDYE WORKS®:
Drydye™ Technology uses a supercritical fluid process to eliminate all water in the dyeing process.The supercritical fluid CO2 causes the polymer fiber to swell allowing the pure dyestuff to easily diffuse within the polyester.
ADVANTAGES OF SUPERCRITICAL DYEING®
- Elimination of water consumption
- Elimination of drying and dryer effluent
- Reduction in energy consumption
- Reduction in air emissions
- Dyeing time signicantly reduced
- Pure dyes used. Surfactants and auxiliary chemicals in dyes eliminated
- Dye utilization is very high with very little residue dye.
- Unused dye can be recaptured and reused
- Approximately 95% of CO2 can be recycled
- Fewer re-dyes are required and color correction is easier
Join us in pioneering the next generation of advanced fabrics that with pure make a difference
The Gore-Tex® Membrane is the heart of all Gore-Tex materials.
It contains over 1.4 billion microscopic pores per square cm (9 billion per inch). These pores are 20,000 times smaller than a water droplet, but 700 times larger than a water vapor molecule, which makes the Gore-Tex® membrane completely waterproof from the outside, while allowing perspiration to escape from the inside. An oleophobic (or oil-hating) substance is integrated into the membrane, preventing the penetration of body oils and insect repellent that could otherwise affect the membrane. In order to meet the specific needs of each end use, W. L. Gore & Associates has developed different Gore-Tex® membranes and applies them as appropriate. Garments made with Gore-Tex® fabric are durably waterproof and windproof, combined with optimized breathability – enduring products that maximize protection and comfort.
- Unique Gore-Seam® TAPE ensures completely sealed seams and tiny stitch holes for durable waterproofness and liquid resistance. Water is kept out even through prolonged use in harsh conditions.
- Gore-Tex® products meet or exceed the windproof standard (fabric’s air permeability must be 5 l/m2sec or less).
- Gore-Tex® standards require that during heavy exertion, fabrics must breathe well enough to allow sweat to easily evaporate.
Gore-Tex® Outerwear construction
|Ideal for a wide range of outdoor activities, with this construction a Gore-Tex® membrane is bonded to the outer fabric only. Benefit: The separate lining inside improves comfort and versatility. This construction can be combined with insulation, keeping the wearer dry and warm.|
|Unlike the 2-layer construction, this one bonds the Gore-Tex® membrane to both the outer fabric and the inner lining. Benefit: No movement between the layers, which means less wear and tear and enhanced durability.|
|Z-Liner Construction a Gore-Tex® membrane is bonded to a lightweight fabric, and a liner is freely suspended between the outer fabric and the lining. Benefit: Fewer sealed seams means manufacturers have more freedom for fashion applications. This construction can be combined with insulation.|
Additional features available with Gore-Tex® fabrics:
GORE-TEX® FABRIC WITH PACLITE® FABRIC TECHNOLOGY
Garments made with Gore-Tex® Paclite® fabric are durably waterproof, windproof and very breathable. With a lightweight and packable construction, these garments are ideal for activities when weight and space are critical.
GORE COMFORT MAPPING TECHNOLOGY
Mirroring the climate zones of the body such as shoulders, back and joints, specific Gore-Tex® fabrics are engineered to increase breathability, comfort against skin, warmth, fit and other comfort characteristics where they are needed most.
EXTREME WET WEATER CONSTRUCTION
Advanced fabric design techniques are used to create garments that deliver superior protection against extreme and extended wet weather conditions.
SUGGESTED ACTIVITIES FOR GORE-TEX® FABRICS INCLUDE:
- Running and cycling
- Fishing and hunting
- Skiing and snowboarding
Responsible Down Standard
The Responsible Down Standard is the highest standard on ethical treatment of birds. It’s a certification that follows the down from slaughter house to ready garment. The birds are bred for their meat, the down is a bi-product. RDS look into the wellness of the birds making sure that the farms lives up to the five animal freedoms. No live plucking and no force feeding.
Peak Performance are certified by Control Union for RDS and our aim is to buy 100% RDS by 2019.